Thursday, February 3, 2011

Friday January 28 Picks

Thursday January 27

Off a hot Thursday in which I wish I was able to watch and I wish I actually made those bets! At least it keeps the confidence rolling. Hoping for another big night tonight! Here we go...

(After looking through the races I have the program for, tonight is not easy. Played a little cautious adding some horses and playing less money. Hoping the odds end up in m favor for some nice payouts. Otherwise I may lose money even if I win!)

Race 4
1) R Sam - Feel this one might be a small track horse. All the NJSS action was at Freehold. However, he was in the Colonial Cons. at Chester, the Zweig at Tioga (in a race Temple Of Doom broke the track record), and the last one at the Meadowlands wasn't half bad. With the rail the plan looks to be similar. Get good position, ride the rail and find room late. Just may work.

2) Opal Mine - Sports an awful lot of 1's and 2's on the program. Gotta like that, and the again gets an inside post. Right to the top and will he get any pressure? (My challenge pick)

4) Tilly Bomb - Likely to be the big favorite with a nice win last week swining 2 wide at the 3/4 mark. Does that change the tactics? Too many times I see a horse who is good and a closer go to the top, where he/she isn't comfortable and falter. We shall see...

5) Unshakeable - Lures Sears off a horse he won with fairly easily last week. Hmmmm....

6) Special Eddie - First start since October was against Zeitgeist and Ellen's Isle where he finished third. Another strong effort with some improvement ahead?

7) Margarita Mary - Strong first over effort in last behind Tilly Bomb who was flying late. Only knock is an outside post so Andy must get her out and find good position.

9) Jj's Fantasy Colt - Does drop a bit but from way out here I think I like others more. Loses Andy.

$2 Tri - 2/4 w 1/2/6/7 w 1/2/4/5/6/7 = $48 $24

Race 6
1) Viva Las Lindy - I really don't like this one too much...but something is telling me to reconsider...

3) Sauce Two K - Nothing like squandering a perfect trip. Campbell does stay and ow you watch, the betting public has had enough and he'll jump up with a win!

4) Don't Know Chip - Likely odds on favorite here. Jammed in late and when he got loose, look out! Sports Open HC at Pocono on the program, has the first start back and it was good behind Breeders Crown champ In Focus.

5) Macho Lindy - Looks like a two move effort last week in the same class; missed by a neck! Before that was in NW$22,500 and didn't doo terrible. Pref HCP at Freehold with outside posts...Do I need to change my challenge pick?

6) Braggart - Last weeks start wasn't bad, although yes, it could have been better. Gets a little better post and I see some Open on the program. One of these days?

7) Pricevalleyrevitup - Dropping from NW$32,000 and Open HDP at Yonkers. I like the class drop, but the track change to a mile? Will it do him in or help? I wish I knew.

8) Definitely Mamie - Last 5 this one has won $26,000. Isn't this a NW$16,000!? So the AE gets her in! Hmmmmmmm.....Races aren't bad at all, but the post is a killer.

$1 Tri 3/5/7 w 3/4/5/7 w 1/3/4/5/6/7/8 = $45

Race 7
1) Lillywhite - Back to Big M on a class drop. Last M1 start was same class and she finished 3rd by a neck. The rail helps a lot and I'm not quite sure why the morning line is 15/1?

2) Ultimate Best - Is that a Mare Invite I see? Then $50,000Cl, and now $30,000. And the two hole? I'm liking more, and more....and more
5) Linden Beauty - Still remember this one stringing together a bunch of nice starts last summer. This is a drop back to where she finished 2nd by a nose.

6) Shayna Baby - Got me a winner in the challenge last out at a price I wish was higher. Yannick opts off? Still can't ignore the Baby, when I did she paid $83 to win!

7) Semjac Legacy - Tetrick right away is a good angle, and it's a drop. Surely fire out and try for the lead. If she gets it and can control the pace she might not be caught.

8) Native Doll - Jugette, 3YO Matron, NW17.5, NW 22.5 and now NW10. Hey now! Only knock is 8 post, but if the class shows, it might not matter!

9) Ridge Jumper - Stays at the same level where she's been successful. This will be much tougher though. Better field and lands way outside.

$.10 Super 2/7/8 w 1/2/7/8 w 1/2/5/6/7/8/9 w 1/2/5/6/7/8/9 = $18

Race 9
2) Terror Time - ALMOST has my angle. Had a short "layoff" after two breaks. Maybe last week was just an effort to stay flat? Goes out for the win now?

3) Lake Shark - Lots of 2's and 3's and only one, 1. Will be there late, but keep that in mind. 20 combined second and thirds lifetime.

5) Lord Of The Bling - Had his start after qualifer and got a win thanks to a DQ. Looked like a joy ride though and now to the mile track. I'm not so sure?

6) Four Starz Sue - Drops again and I know he's burned lots of cash lately but you can't ignore he'll be there late. One of these days his class will be enough to beat these lesser horses, one of these days...

9) Inform - Burke invader from the the Meadows with 2 straight wins. Is a jump in class slightly on the mile track. If he can overcome the outside post he has as good as hot as any.

$5 Tri 6 w 2/3 w 2/3/5/9 = $30

: : Other Notes : :

Race 1

5) My Man Ben - Remember singling this fella in a pick 5 at Freehold. Ended up winning and I hit it, but it didn't pay that much. Midpack post to do what Berry wants in a pretty low class. Certainly possible.

Race 5
2) Bet The Ranch - Coming out of the top class mare races and gets a cozy 2 post. Nice!

3) Ideal Nectarine - Another who was in the top level and didn't race poorly at all. Definitely has a shot.

4) Marietta Hall - Loved this horse two years back. Gave this horse to a friend of mine for a pick four. He hit it and won over a grand. I didn't go that night, and I still regret it...

6) Ubetterthink Think - Casie Coleman and out of the top level. It was the first start back with Casie so I forsee some improvement here.

7) Mano Cornuto - Don't know what to say but she's ringing a bell?

8) Royal Cee Cee N - Nice win last week now jumps up with 8 post. 9-5 morning line? Really Dave, that good? We'll see!

9) Flirtiscape - She'll show up one day, but I don't thin it's today.

2 - 6 - 3 - 8 (can't bet the favorite!)

Race 8
1) Ain' tshes Titan - Lands the rail which is a big plus, but is this too high? She'll tug along and I think she'll be in the mix.

2) Sooner Than Later - I remember that brush for the win recently, but wasn't it with Tetrick?

4) Dink Adoo - If you don't like this horse, you may not like harness racing

9) Soapy Sap - Too high, and too far out.

4 - 2 - 1 - 10

Race 10
2) Village Bolero - She handled the mile track. Bravo, and I was wrong.

3) Sand Pleasure - Raced very well on first start back for a nice tightener. No reason she can't win this.

6) Natalie - She'll win one of these days, I promise!

10) Artimittateslife - 10 post again, really!? Another drop I believe. Has burned some cash but gets Campbell...

6 - 10 - 3 - 2

Race 11
1) Delightful Diva - Pena and the rail. What a combo. Helps the horse is good too!

4) Southwind Swallow - I thought I remember Sears driving this one? Tetrick aint a bad replacement though!

6) Gerries Madison - Approaching that "is this too high" question...I guess we'll find out!

Race 12
1) Basilio Blue Chip - Again with the rail! Lucky guy! One of the fav's

5) Kathryn Dancer A - She's been in might higher than this! Mid pack post, has shot!

7) Western Avenue - I remember this one breaking around the last turn at Chester, gathering himself and coming back to win! Erv Miller was the trainer then, but at a $15KCL level, it's possible!

7 - 1 - 5

Start = +$930
Tonight = -$141 -$117
Total = +$789 $813.50

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment