Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Thursday February 10 Picks

Thursday February 10

Another sub par Thursday card. I'm not sure why I'm surprised at this point. Every Thursday sucks. ONLY positive is that with such poor quality, there can be some longshots and nice prices. Here's to hoping you get them!!!

Start = +$1,507.00

Race 1
Race 2
Race 3

Race 4
1) Halfpipe - Bottom level race for this group. This horse is a toss up in my opinion. He either shows up great or folds. Last two efforts were good, so I find it hard to leave out, but be carefule. I would not take a short price.

2) Big Sky Revenue - Got off a nice 9/1 last out and I was one of the lucky ones to have him for a trifecta. WILL NOT offer that price now. Very well may end up the favorite with a proven Ken Rucker and a red hot Brian Sears. Better post, staying in the same class. How can you not bet?

3) Habanero - Dropping down from a $30K claimer and then a NW$10,500. Last race you can toss, even though he broke he had no shot from the outside. This post and drop will drastically improve his chances. Also shows an Open HC try at Pocono and if you haven't been reading, I like to see that. However, shows zero outer tier tries, do not like to see that!

4) Macs Bad Boy - Gets a much better post and I like to see the speed at the gate in last. Was parked so I can forgive the late fold, a little. Will probably step right around the 3 inside him. If there's no pressure elsewhere he might go a long way. I think I will still use underneath, and let him beat me on top if he can.

8) Jodevin Time - No intention of betting. I bring this horse up becuase is that  a 36.4 final quarter in his last race? Yikes...

9) Captain Primeau - I'll start with a good luck if you fancy. This horse has burned more money than any other I can think of. If he doesn't break, he definitely has a shot at this bottom level but that's not a guarantee! Inconsitent and has not won in quite some time.

2-4-3-1

Race 5
8) Quality Sport - I liked him last week but he didn't show. I'll go with him needing that race. Better effort now.

10) Joe Palz - Looks much the best here. Post 10 MIGHT hinder him, but I still forsee a win for this one in the near future.

10-8

$10 Win 8 = $10

Race 6
1) Truly The Best - First start off the bench was a speed try and I think it will do him good. Nice tightener and he'll go right back to the top. This time, he may not look back...

2) Gotta Love Him - Looks like a rail rider, and I'm not a fan of those. Needs to be in the right spot, at the right time, with the right pace, and room. That's too many things to go right if you ask me.

3) Mojo Terror - Coming off 2 straight, but both were hard fought. Does, however, get a much improved post. He'll likely battle for the lead. Looking like another race that might not be so easy.

4) Steal The Diamonds - Shows outside movement at first glance which is good. However his only in the money finish was last week by a nose in against a weak group. It is Pena, and is adding lasix. I can't blame for throwing onthe ticket just for those facts, but I'd watch this one for the future. See if the lasix helps, and find the right spot. I'm not sure if this is it.

6) Voice Of Truth - Abandoned the speed last week and it didn't work. Did finish only 2 lenghts back, but I think we'll see the speed again this week.

7) Lucky Bet - It's all in the name ;-)

8) Sky Mesa - From the rail to 8 which isn't fun. Pretty strong effort behind one of the favorites of this series, Joe Palz and it was only by a neck. Was also first start off layoff. Must overcome the outside post but it's not like this group is overly impressive? Can't leave off.

8-6-1-3

$2 Tri 1/6/8 w 1/6/8 w 1/2/3/4/6/8 = $48
Race 7
Race 8

6) Macho Lindy - Should crush this field, but that's why they race.

6-1-5-4
Race 9
2) Four Starz Sue - Well he's about as low as we can expect him to drop, and he still can't win! Sports 4 straight thirds. Has the class to win so it woudln't shock me, but I'll play against because the price will be low.

3) Bettor Watch Him - Parked the mile last out from post 9. Prior form wasn't eye catching but first start for new trainer landed him a third place finish. Likely rides the rail and looks for room late. Could easily pick up a check.

8) Bad Hombre - Shows the pattern of in the money, out of, int he money, out of. Last one was out so can we expect a solid effor there? I'll say....yes! Two back was a strong effort, and last week he was not beating JLs Man Of Action.

9) Native Lightning - Pena = +1. Strong swing wide in last = +1. Behind the aforementioned JL and Martha Maxine = +1. That's 3, and a can't ignore. Weaker field than last and the two that beat him would steamroll this field from post 10. Use.

9-8-3-2

$5 Tri 9 w 2/3/8 w 2/3/8 = $30

Race 10
5) Mcflirty - Won real money with this one and Ridge Jumper on closing night. Has been in much better classes and faced much better foes.

10) Don't Deny Me - Another who has faced much, much better.  Exacta could prove to be worth a bit too!

5-10 (box if you play)

$10 ExBx 5/10 = $20

Start = +$1,507.00
Tonight = -$108.00
Total = = +$1,399.00

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment