Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saturday January 29 Picks

Saturday January 29

A great Thursday, and a poor Friday. So let's hope tonight is somewhere in the middle? Some nice races tonight, and lots of horses to like. Here's my go at it!
Start = +$789

Race 1
3) Mighty Young Joe - Finally draws well and outclasses these. Right to top.

6) Cannae Barran - Another who has faced better. Live cover and look out!

$10 Double 3 = $10

3 -6

Race 2
3) Super Eighty Eight - Back down the class ladder with an inside post. One of the favorites.

4) Shark Dressed Man - Keeps Sears over the 9 and proved the 72/1 second was no fluke!

9) Don't Fool Me Now - Not quite as low as I'd like to bet and from the outside. I bet this one in anything lower than NW$10,000.

3-9-4

Race 5
2) No Monkeys Allowed - Lots of series action of late and racing pretty well in all of them. Inside post raises his chances, sits, saves and anything is possible late.

5) Diablo Seelster - Sports a second in leg one of the Hirt with a nice two wide move. A Pena horse cannot be ignored and the midpack post gives Simpson options.

6) Sniper Seelster - A 1st in leg one and 3rd in leg two. Campbell is the master in finals. Better post and the second leg could have been a bit of a joy ride to keep him fresh?

8) Meirs Hanover - Lots of in the money finishes with loses to Summer Camp and St Elmo hero who both have solid winning streaks. Draws inside Summer Camp here but must get around some talented ones inside of him.

9) Touch The Rock - Liked at first but at second glance I'm not so sure. Moves WAY out and both of the series legs were pocket rides.

10) Summer Camp - Looking to make it 7 in a row, but makes it fun getting the 10 post. Has the speed to overcome, but no one inside will let it be easy for him!
$5 Tri 6/8 w 6/8/10 w 2/5/6/8/10 = $60

6-8-10-2

Race 7
1) The Mohegan Pan - Down from Canada from a Pref race in which it looked like he was overmatched. The rail is a big advantage and gets a hot Tetrick fresh off five wins last night.

2) Artist's View - Has the class to win, but I'm hoping this is too high, too fast.

4) Southwestern Dream - Three straight solid races in similar classes. This one could be rounding back to his best form. Right to the top?

5) Dash N - Loses Tetrick off a two move effort. Back up in class though. Will offer value if you fancy. I think I'll wait till he drops back down a bit.

7) Spy N - Very sharp but takes a pretty big jump. Probably hoping this is too high for now.

8) Master Stroke - Back to the outside for Pena and what looks to be his new regular Simpson? Has as good a shot as any but will need good cover.

9) Doubletrouble - Wish this one drew a better post. First off layoff so forgive last. Came home in 27 flat. I think I'll wait one more...

$10 Exacta Box 1/4 = $20

4-1-8-7

Race 8
1) Rescue Plan - Back up in class but gets the rail. I should have had this one last week and for whatever reason, I didn't. Don't think the trip will be as easy so I think I'll just use underneath.

5) Foreign Officer - Stakes horse at 3 so he was in all the big ones. Hoping he needs one having been off since September.

7) Jim's Guy - Gets some class relief back to a class where he won. Wish the driver wasn't Mettinis, but I won't let that sway my opinion too much. It's hurt me recently!

8) Casimir Camotion - Has my angle but it wasn't exactly what I look for. I'll wait till Andy jumps back on board!

9) Corky Baran - Some horror trips of late! Parked in last, which I like to see and didn't tire too badly. Post 9 hurts, but with any sort of cover look out late!

$5 Exacta Key Box 7 w 1/9 = $20

7-9-1-5

Race 9
3) Four Starzzz King - Early move and then came up just short. I recall Tetrick saying Marino didn't do much over the winter and his horses will be better in the coming weeks. A first and a third, and the best is still coming!?

4) Boiler Bob The QB - Has "the angle"!!! FINALLY gets a good post! Campbell stays, a lot to like if you ask me!

7) Hennessy Hanover - Showed zero early speed and that can't be good when you're on the outside. Tetrick sticks and with cover, this one could come from way back.

9) Just Being A Boy - Same class after a brush and crush win. Looked to be fighting to hold the lead late over two horses who drew inside tonight. Very consistent, maybe this is too high and too far out?

$10 Exacta Box 3/4 = $20

3-4-7-9

: : Other Notes : :

Race 3
5) St Elmo Hero - 22 straight, going for 23. 'Nuff said.

5-ALL (HAHA)

Race 4
6) Martha Maxine - Paid a nice price in last race, wish I had it. Moves up in class but has the class to do so.

10) Jl's Man Of Action - Fresh Casie Coleman but post 10. Gets involved early a little, and gets good cover he has a shot.

6-10

Race 6
1) River Shark - Tired late in last, looked a tad flat late before that. I prefer other, sharper ones.

1A) Handsome Harry - Same as the one, plus I don't think he's quite this good to be racing with the likes of the 2 and 6.

2) Bettor Sweet - One of my favorite horses. Real thriller in last. Seems to do his best work in the cold weather and is in great shape for this. A real contender.

2A) Western Shore - Another one of consistence. 1, 1, and 2 since coming back with no signs of slowing down. Only harm is the 9 post in a great field.

3) Blatantly Good - Won this last year, but isn't the same horse right now. I'd be a bit surprised if he wins here. Loses Tetrick.

3A) Real Celebration - A win and a third in the legs, but now with post 10. With the types of horses to his inside, this will not be easy by any means.

4) Alexie Mattosie - The other part of that thrilling dead heat last week. Looks like he does his best work riding the rail, which might happen here with post 1, again! Might offer a decent price too.

5) Golden Receiver - I think we'll see the speed we usually do. Not quite sure why Pierce abandonded that tactic last week. This horse loves the front, and the 2 hole makes that a lot easier.

6) Vlos - Woulda made it more fun if he had drawn worse, but he didn't. Sears can do what he wants here for probably the sharpest horse in the past several months. 12 straight in the money finishes. 1 third, 4 seconds, and 7 firsts. WOW.

7) Schoolkids - Another new driver in Perry and he'd really have to pull a rabbit out of his hat to get a piece of this one.

2-6-5-4

Race 10
2) Mr Excellent - I'll wait for a tad lower class. Loses Sears to the 3 as well, but does BARELY fit the condition.

3) Western Ace - Serious stakes horse at 3, gets Sears, had his race back and over the track. Wouldn't surprise me!

5) Presedential Order - Will Pena find the form this one had last year? Eventually I'm sure and thsi MIGHT be it. Big drop!

8) Michael's Marvel - Outside and I think too high. Wait for the drop again.

9) Drop Red - Talented horse draws outside again. Had his start back and he will be very good shortly.

3-5-9-2

Race 11
1) Dr Dreamy - Is that the North America Cup I see? Off since then though. I think he'll need this one after that layoff. A prep for the Aquarius.

1A) Whiskey Pete - I said it once, and I'll say it again, I don't know why but I don't like this horse. BUT he has "the angle"! This should be tougher, but defnitely has a shot.

2) Malicious - A stakes horse last year at 3. Has raced of late but his races are "ehh"...another one taking the trip over the famed oval in preparation for next week?

3) Classic Rock Nroll - Off since October, but someone has to win!? All horses have high potentials! Inside and Campbell.

6) Allthatglitrsisgold - Qualifier looks good. Quick and came home in 26 flat. Again, has't raced since November. Good race to just enjoy without a bet...

A race to watch!

Race 12
2) Shadows Dream - Same class, inside post. Why not?

4) Drive All Night - Same class again, after nothing last week? Driver change to Campbell. I went after last week, and I'll give him one more shot.

5) Beths Boy N - Sharp lately with a nice post to do what Tetrick wants. Oh yeah, gets Tetrick, the hottest driver at M1 right now.

6) Blue Claw - Back down the class ladder where he can do some damage. Simpson sticks here and I can't say I'm surprised. One of the favorites.

7) Camshaft Hanover - Vert flat lat week off nice cover. Stays in the "lower" class but I find hard to like after his last few efforts. Waiting for some sign of improvement. (Look for the pick 3 payoffs and DD payoffs and odds. If they are low, he may be ready)

6-4-5-2

Start = +$789 $813.50
Tonight = -$130
Total = = +$659 $683.50

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment