Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saturday January 29 Results

Saturday January 29

Interesting night with some horses continuing there dominance, and others faltering in big spots. I didn't get to watch, yet again, but here's the recap.

Star = +$659

Race 1
Mighty Young Joe really didn't do anything I anticipated. Didn't go to the front, sat on the rail the whole race and looked flat in the stretch drive. Maybe this ones best days are behind? Cannae Barrone just broke from a no chance spot. How'd he get off so badly so early?

My Pick: 3-6
Finish: 2-7-10-3

Race 2
Shark Dressed man proves once again those good finishes at long odds were no fluke. Super Eighty Eight brushed to the front but couldn't hold on come crunch time and Don't Fool Me Now's first over trip proved too much.

My Pick: 3-9-4
Finish: 4-7-3-1

Race 3
St Elmo Hero has not lost, ever. Very impressive.

My Pick: 5-ALL
Finish: 5-1A-1B-1C-7

Race 4
Wish I played this exacta! From the 10 hole right to the top and JL never looked back! Martha sat second and let no one pass. 1-2 around the track for a nice $41.80 exacta.

My Pick: 6-10
Finish: 10-6-7-3

Race 5
Meirs Benefits from a pocket ride and Sniper followed cover for the one and two spots respectively. Monkeys road the rail and found room late, as anticipated. Summer Camp found post 10 too much.

Result = +$317

My Pick: 6-8-10-2
Finish: 8-6-2-3

Race 6
Alexie Mattosie is sharp right and proved me wrong with a first up victory at the top level. Better Sweet just misses after following cover and swinging two wide. River Shark also surprised me while Western Shore looks like he might have been jammed a bit late?

My Pick: 2-6-5-4
Finish: 4-2-1-2A-7

Race 7
Dash N, one I took an extra look at, gets up in a shocker at 18/1. Artist's View is in better form than I had thought finish second a neck while Southwestern Dream was jammed until late. Offer zero value in next start. Spy N just tried to come from too far back. Master Stroke was flat with no excuses.

My Pick: 4-1-8-7
Finish: 5-2-4-7

Race 8
I thought the 10 post would be too much, and Mr Massimo proved to me it wasn't. Johnny Z doesn't surprise me too much for a second and Dinneratartsplace continues to collect checks after a bomb finish off a layoff. Foreign Officer had an awful shuffle and is another who will offer no value next week. Corky Baran found the 10 hole too much and Rescue Plan too got the M1 shuffle.

My Pick: 7-9-1-5
Finish: 10-3-4-5

Race 9
Four Starzzz King wins as the favorite easily and Onthewingsofnangel goes first up at 30/1 and gets second. Red Hot Yankee was flying late, could be a good bet next week depending on where he lands and Hennessy Hanover offers my betting angle for next week! As well as Beau Rivage N who proved in the past that my "system" works well!

My Pick: 3-4-7-9
Finish: 3-10-1-7

Race 10
Pres Order finds his best going gate to wire at almost 4/1. Mr Excellent rides the pocket for second and Drop read took up second over for third. Western Ace certainly needs a lot more after a disappointing second start back. I need to wait for some sign of life now and I hope he doens't win a big odds and I miss it!

My Pick: 3-5-9-2
Finish: 5-2-9-7

Race 11
Good thing I didn't bet or pick because I was pretty clueless honestly. Allthatglitrsisgold was in the same qualifier as another horse, forget who, who raced well earlier in the night. (another good betting angle) Whiskey Pete would have beaten me again! and Malicious rode the pocket for third.

My Pick:
Finish: 6-1A-2-3

Race 12
Drop and pop for Blue Claw, but no value; gate to wire winner. Beths Boy N finds his best gear late and gets second by a nose and Camshaft Hanover proves better ready than I anticipated for third coming home in 26.3!

My Pick: 6-4-5-2
Finish: 6-5-7-3

Race 13
Didn't like any one horse too much so no picks for me here. Bestnotlie Hanover - Private Interview - Art At Heart - Nuclear Joe Joe

My Pick:
Finish: 1-2-8-10

Start = +$659 $683.50
Tonight = +$317
Total = +$976 $1,000.50

Can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment