Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday February 12 Picks

Looking for a little luck tonight as I been a bit cold of late. Still feeling good about my picks so one of these days I'll get a big night. I feel tonight will offer nice prices on a few horses I like. Here we go!

Start  = +$1,251.00

Race 3
Very difficult race to handicap. I'm not looking at the program but there are many sharp horses in here and it's a short field. I'm going with Four Starz King on top, got jammed in last week and when finally free it was too late. I had Montonez from post 10 last week and he filled out a nice trifecta for me. Much improved post and I think it will help tremendously. Beau Rivage N also raced very well last week, but the value won't be back, and Master Stroke is just a very consistent horse tough to leave off. Mcclelland got away from St Elmo and won and he's another hard to ignore.

1-3-4-5 (gotta leave someone off the ticket)

Race 5
1) Windsong Gorgeous - 5 straight seconds. Post two should keep the consistency going as he looks to be inline for a pretty nice trip.

1A) Versado - First start back wasn't great, but I can't say I'd be shocked if he runs much better here. Definitely expect some improvement.

2) Foreign Officer - Got shuffled BADLY two back and last week got a pocket ride and just got up for the win. Has post 1 again so there will be no value but you cannot leave out.

3) Urgent Action - Swung 3 wide around last turn and closed nicely for third behind a shapr Allthatgltrsisgold and Whiskey Pete. Porbably gets away midpack and fishes for cover. More than capable.

4) Whiskey Pete - Continues to race very sharp. First over last week and just missed beating a repeat winner. I think we'll see speed again and Berry will look to go straight to the top.

I don't see much value in this race, so I find it an easy race to skip for betting purposes.

1-2-4-3

Race 5
1) Spy N - Drops back to a level I think he'll do some damage AND he lands the rail. In on the Also Eligible. Use.

2) Noble Falcon - He too drops back down to where he won two back. That race he won really catches my eye too. Parked mile first up and dug in for the win on a good track. Also in on the Also Eligible, I just wish Sears had stuck here.

3) Mr Massimo - Cut the mile and just missed the win on a good track when speed was not holding up. Gotta like his chances here as he's back with the same class. Also Eligible too.

4) Get It Now - Sears goes here with Burke and I guess I can't argue? Dropped down to NW$12,000 at Yonkers and he won easily, was in the Complex before that. He's definitely got a shot.

5) Johnny Z - Sharp of late and he too is dropping. Billy Dobson did well with him last week and needs to find that similar trip here. Tough to leave out.

6) Doubletrouble - Want a long shot with some potential. Here he is. First start back was in a higher class than this and he's been there since. First drop back down with some stakes races and wins as well sa Preferred races. I would not be shocked.

7) Blatantly Good - Not nearly where he was last year when he won the Presidential, but this is a pretty hefty drop. On paper he probably should blow by these but that's why they race. I do feel he did improve each leg of the Pres this year. Have a feeling he won't offer much value.

8) J A's Outlaw - He can handle this type of class for sure, on a half mile track. Was in Open company at Yonkers and raced well but anything higher than NW$10,000 at M1 and he struggles. Plus it's an outside post.

9) Doubleshotascotch - Another I prefer on smaller tracks.

10) Psilvuheartbreaker - Lots of Yonkers horses coming to Big M...Capable of winning for sure, but I'll see one back at the mile track and from post 10.

7-6-5-1

$2 Tri 7 w 1/3/6 w ALL = $48

Race 7
1) Bongo -  100/1 to 6/1. Are you serious? Needs a quick pace.

4) Distinct Color - Liked this one last year when he was out at Balmoral. Drops down again and has my angle! I like!

5) Toucam Sam - Two move effort last week on a sloppy track and got up for second. I feel he will offer another strong effort tonight in the same class.

6) Shadow's Dream - Better post, same class. If Dube can get him into the flow he could be there come crunch time.

7) Courser Hanover - Speed wasn't holding up last week, but it got worse as the night went on. He was in race 1. Up in class a bit and I prefer others but I will acknowledge that it would be no surprise if he won.

8) Casimir Camotion - More than capable at peak form, but I haven't seen anthing remotely close to that yet.

9) Nuclear Joe Joe - You've got to be kidding me. post 10, 10, 9, and now 9 again! Has the angle though but it is a slight step up. I'll throw udnerneath again.

4-5-6-9

$2 Tri 4/7 w 4/5/6/7 w 4/5/6/7/9 = $36

Race 8
1) Cinderella Guy - May be my pick of the night. Rucker and Miller team up is hot lately and this one blasted last week in a higher class. The track was in bad shape so I'll forgive and I think tonight is a strong effort for this guy.

2) Southwestern Dream - I thought he was goign to vacate the cones and didn't. It may have hurt him becuase he was raging up late but it was from too far back. Dube gets him in a better position he'll be heard from. Drops.

3) The Mohegan Pan - Maybe he needed a race over the track? Becuase he's better than what he showed his first time to M1 this year. That really was a poor, poor effort and I find it hard to bet off that. Tetrick's choice over 6.

6) Presidential Order - Victim of the bias last week beause he was very well rated and then stopped! This is however, a step up. He's capable but I think I'll let him beat me and put underneath. Tetrick opts off.

7) Last Conquest - Has been climbing the class ladder and this is about as high as he can go...I think. Did last week show a trend of taling off a bit, or was it just the trip and the track condition? I guess we'll find out tonight.

1-2-6-7

$5 Tri 1 w 2/3/6/7 w 2/3/6/7 = $60

Race 9
2) Don't Fool Me Now - I don't like to bet this one until he's in less than NW$10,000. One of the AE is NW$7,500. Does that encourage me to bet, a little because Sears is back aboard.

7) Bugatti Hanover - Nice drive by Tetrick nailing Beau Rivage at the wire. See how Beau raced earlier and it could give you a better gauge of how this one mine do. Use.

10) JL's Man Of Aciton - Outside post again, but he's won from out here before. Last week the bias hurt him. This week it won't. Must use.

10-7-2-6

Race 10
1) Code Word - Rail rider, and I don't like those. Too much has to go right.

1A) Good Bad Lucky - Looked awfully flat last week...

2) Allthatgltrsisgold - Is that a 3 wide move for half a mile...and still won! Yikes...tonight will be easier. Zero value.

3) He's Gorgeous - Needs this race I think.

7) Malicious - Another victim of the speed bias last week. Would he have won that anyway, maybe not but the effort last week was good and I think tonight will be even better.

2-7-1

$10 Win 7 = $10

Race 11
1) Takeshigemichi - I'll figure he needed that first one. Shows Open level races from Pocono and gets the rail here. Pena and Sears team back up for this one. Use.

3) Stonebridge Wish - Parked mile = the angle! Solid fourth after a rough trip last week. Have to use in my opinion.

4) Michael's Marvel - I think I remember this guy on some sort of streak a few years ago racing agaisnt much better so he has the clas to handle the step up. However, this is a different time. Was on the lead last week too which was not easy. Dave Miller choose off of Camshaft Hanover. Another use.

10) Mr Excellent - Tried the speed last week on the wrong night. Forgive that and if he gets to the top or near it fairly easily, he will be heard from late.

1-3-4-10

$5 ExKeyBox 3 w 1/10 = $20

Start = +$1,251.00
Tonight = -$174.00
Total = +$1,077.00

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment