Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday February 24 Picks

Didn't pick Monday, not worth it even though there was a $230 winner! Back at it tonight!

Start = $956.00

Race 2
6-9-8     (Cowgirls N Indians - Sand E Fiftyfive - Babe's Bistro)

$5 ExKeyBx 9 w 6/8 = $20

Race 3
3) Blissmequick - Looks like a first over grind last week and almost got up to the lead. This will be the third start back off a layoff and if improvement continues she definately will hit the ticket. I also think the journey tonight will be easier.

4) Laugh Away - Did the dirty work last week but couldn't hold onto the lead. The fractions don't even look quick last week and she still folded late as the favorite. Same class and similar post makes you have to play, but I'd be more than willing to take my chances for a price elsewhere.

7) Sun On The Rocks - 9/2 morning line which makes me give a second look but for me, I can't figure out why? Zero outer tier trips and las week looks like she might have gotten lucky to find room. From the 7 hole and almost no speed to show she'll be toward the back early and have to go out into the flow. Who know what happens if that's the case.

8) Cheyenne Ina - First start back wasn't terrible at all. Started slowly but gained some nice ground late. Sears is back aboard and there should be improvement. Should offer a nice price too!

9) Always In My Heart - Solid win last week. Only knock is post, but I do feel she can overcome it. Will definately be the favorite though, so does Tetrick try a brush and crush here? And will that work if he does?

9-3-4-7

Race 5
8-1     (Natural Woman N - The Stewardess A)

Race 6
1) Lake Shark - Last two don't look too impressive and I'm not a fan of horses who rail ride BUT this is a pretty big driver change. Marohn Jr to Sears.

2) Lock Out - Coming from Yonkers and I wish I had been paying more attention to the Yonkers shippers coming from that added distance. Not too sure how much of a difference it's been making. This is a Burke horse and the barn was on fire last weekeend.

5) Terror Time - Bet of the night!? Has the angle here AND a switch from Berry to Pierce. All systems go!

6) Payne's Landing - Switches barns again and I feel Chellis will be aggressive with this one. May make or break this race!

8) Float Blue Chip - Coleman and D. Miller back at it again. Wired the field last week as the favorite in the same spot. This won't be as easy, I don't think! Can't leave off though.

10) Royal Woods - Wish this wasn't post ten, but it is! Horse shows lots of outer tier work on both half and mile tracks which I like to see. If Berry can get into it and get into the flow this one does have a shot.

5-8-10-1

$20 Win 5 = $20
$2 Tri 5/8 w 3/8/10 w 1/2/5/6/8/10 = $32

Race 7
1) CC Mister C - Does show Open HDP from Yonkers, and now NW$6,000!? What happened! Gets John Campbell and the rail. The strategy of just showing Open company on the program has bit me in the butt before so...take a chance?

3) Captain Primeau - We all know the story now. Wins convincingly, breaks or decides not to show up. Who knows what we'll get. I hope the one of the later...

4) Big Sky Revenue - Parked early last week, then sat in and came on for third late. I feel his luck has to be better this week.

5) My Jewels - Did the added distance at Yonkers do this one in last week? Can he handle the mile track. We'll find out!

6) Habanero - First over last week and hung in for fourth place. Moves away from the rail but I think it will benefit this guy. Last week was the first outer tier try and this week I'm thinking he finds cover. Should improve his chances!

7) Muscles To Spare - Probably will see speed again, but also again will he hold on? I'm counting on no.

8) Mr Cole - Wins with ease last week and then D. Miller is out! Interesting? Still can't ignore that effort. Might offer a bit of value out here AND if people hop on board the 3.

9) Whatnblazes - Dave Miller opts here. Horse is dropping a bit and that last effort wasn't awful, but he did lost a bit of ground late which isn't encouraging. The horses this one's been against are far better as well. Because D. Miller chose here I guess I have to give a shot because of how easy the win lat week was on the 8.

10) Halfpipe - Wish it wasn't post 10. I'll wait...

$10 Win 1 = $10
$5 ExKeyBx 1 w 5/8/9 = $30

Race 9
1-10-4-3   (Spirit Raycer - Berto Keven - Top Chef - Lukas Rossi)

Race 10
1-8      (Linden Beauty - Shayna Baby)

Start = +$956.00
Tonight = -$112.00
Total = +$844.00

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment