Thursday, February 3, 2011

Friday January 21 Picks

Friday January 21

Hoping the hot streak continues tonight! Altough, at first glace, seems like there may be a lot of chalk tonight. Not my cup of tea...

Start = +$79

Race 5
5) China Gal - Drops back down to where she had been racing much better. Definately has a shot in here but Andy opted off this one to the 3. Telling us something?

6) Village Bolero - Lots of leads from this one and Sweet Lou, but it's a step up out of a race from Freehold. You wonder if she can hold on long enough here on the mile track. If I'm betting, I hope she takes a lot of cash to drive the price up on some others.

7) Natalie - Spoke out this one last week. Has the race over the track and a pretty good effort off a layoff. Upset chance if you ask me. Definitely worth a flyer at a price.

$10 Win 7 = $10

Race 6
1 & 1a) Red Star Hottie & Bet The Ranch - Wow...program shows 24 starts for these two, with 19 in the money finishes. DO NOT leave off your tickets.

2) Ubetterthinkthink - Casie Coleman gets this one back out of a $75K claimer. Always liked this one, but might be too high here. However, at a price, definitely worth a shot. Gets the rail to aid the cause as well.

3) Showherthemoney - Off a qualifier where she won by a neck over Royal Cee Cee N. Third in that race was Sand Pleasure, who finished a strong second last night. Royal Cee Cee N races in the tenth. So if 'Money races well with this group, Royal will be a good bet in the tenth!

4) Cuz She Can - Laughandbehappy isn't in here so this one will be one of the top choices. Battled first over last week, but couldn't catch a game Laugh, who has looked very impressive thus far. Her turn now...

Others in here are very good mares, but I'm not sure they can beat the likes of the aforementioned. Flirtiscape is a solid mare, but I'd say pay attention to the tote board here. Sweetheart showed a lot at times, but flat at others and Ideal Nectarine is too high for my liking.

$5 Tri - 1/4 w 1/2/3/4 w 1/2/3/4 = $60

Race 7
1) Sauce Two K - Said it last week, and I'll say it again. This one has burned me in the past and he got me again last week fading to third. Having said that it was his first race in quite some time and looks like a great tightener. Gets the rail. There are other classy type in here, but look out for the Sauce!

2) Don't Know Chip - Hasn't raced since September but did win both qualifers in hand. Was in a qualifier with Whatnblazes who raced well last week. I think I might pray he needs one!

3) In Focus - Another who hadn't raced since August and gets a very nice tightener last week. Faded a bit late, but not problem. The needed race and backclass will show in here. Odds on winner, very likely...

7) Salutation Hanover - My favorite betting angle in play here. Will offer very nice value staying in the same class and I think he has as good a shot as any. I'm all over this one!

All About Justice raced very well last week, but loses Tetrick to Mike Simons, not for me. Bastille did what he could last week from post 10 and now moves in to the 5 slot. That could help a ton. Soapy Sap is in too high, and after trying Whybabywhwy from the 5 hole last week where she ended up tenth the whole mile I'm easily leaving out. ESPECIALLY from way out here!

$20 Win 7 = $20
$5 Tri 3/7 w 1/3/7 w 1/2/3/7 = $40

Race 8
1) Artimittateslife - 10 hole did her in last week. Similar class, moves all the way in to the rail AND has my favorite betting angle. I cannot not bet her here.

3) Ridge Jumper - Solid efforts as of late but this will be tough. Still has a shot here though. Plus, she won me nice money about a month ago!

7) Gerrie's Madison - Too far to come last week. No worries, I'm back on board. Especially because she's another with that betting angle I keep mentioning! What a night!

$10 Exacta box 1/3/7 = $60


: : Other Notes : :

Race 2

3) Summer Camp - 5 straight with a two move win in last from the outside. 'Nuff said...

Race 3
1a) Meirs Hanover - 6 straight in the money finishes with 2 wins. The 4 other second and third place finishes were behind Summer Camp and St Elmo Hero, who have winning streaks of 5 and 21 respectively. Safe bet, but awful value. (not to mention he's part of a 3 horse entry, of which the 1b - Abs Attack...has the angle!)

Race 9
5) One Man Show S - I might faint. ANOTHER with my favorite angle! I'm going to leave this race out though because I don't think there will be a lot of betting value. Come post time, I may change my mind!

6) Whatnblazes - First start off a qualifer was a good first over grind and strong 3rd place finish. Kept my show becuase of this one! Again don't see much value in this race but I do like 5 and 6 here.
(Took another look, and Marian's Man has that angle too! 'although a bit weaker' ...Holy crap...if he wins...I know I won't be surprised!)

Race 10
7) Royal Cee Cee N - Watch Showherthemoney earlier tonight. If she races well, jump aboard. Sears choice of a hot two according to Brower. He also notes this barn usually needs a start. Also in the qualifier was Sand Pleasure who finished third there, and raced well finishing second last night.

Race 11
1) Ain' Shes Titan - String of strong races of late. Hard to leave out now, especially getting the rail!

6) Definitely Mamie - Told you I had a "connection" with this one in the name, and she won so I'll stick with her. Won't of
fer much a price however.

Race 12
3) Haverford Hanover - Steps up to $20K from $15k, but steps up off a convincing win last week. Nice inside post too!

10) D Jokerman - Post 10 won't help, but if in the right place at the right time, look out! Could give you nice value? Maybe?

Start = +$79
Tonight = -$190
Total = -$111 (If my "angle" works tonight, there could be lots of money to be made!!!!!)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

No comments:

Post a Comment