Thursday, February 3, 2011

Saturday January 15 Results

Saturday January 15

Race 3
As expected St Elmo Hero wins fairly easily. Gets a perfect second over trip and sails to the winners circle with ease.

Race 4
2 for 2, but both were odds on choices. Michael's Marvel gets the top and never looks back and cruises to a 2-3 length victory.

Race 5 Like I figured Bettor Sweet went to the top but was worn down late. Presidential Order had a rough night being parked the mile fading shortly before the 3/4 pole. Poker Hat, Schoolkids, and Beau Rivage were no where to be found?

Race 6
Bombs away! Dinneratartsplace picks up the pieces with a $116 winner. Cash Cab sits in a bit longer than I expected but gets to the front but fades starting at the top of the stretch! I guess he needed more than just that last race. Philos came strong first over but then also faded! Mypanmar, who I liked for the survival challenge but changed my pick, found room at the rail and was a strong third. The "Overseas Curse" bites again as Spy N, a horse I can't figure out how to handicap because of European races, finishes a late closing second. Maybe I should start betting overseas horses just because they are from overseas?

Race 7
Maybe I should have played my other notes horses? Boiler Bob sits toward the back follows cover up and swings wide at the top of the stretch surging late to a win. Jl's Man of Action gained cover for a short time before being left out to dry but battled game down the stretch and held second. Solid exacta for $52.60.

Race 8
Again I changed my original pick in the survivor challenge from Allamerican Daddy to Rescue Plan. At least he finished second. Daddy was first over giving the outer tier good flow. I coulda swore Rescue nipped him, but I was wrong. Oh well...

Race 9
The horse I don't like is game to the wire and pulls off the victory. Southwestern Dream had a perfect trip but just couldn't get by! I don't know what happened to Corky as I was watching the start of the second half of the game! I saw no sign of him!

Race 10
Easy tri, but it doesn't pay much. Western Shore gets a nice pocket ride behind Vlos and edges up for the win. Golden Receiver sat third the whole race and swung wide in the stretch and held third.

Race 11
Sears got Noble Falcon into it early but didn't show you when it counted. Master Stroke aborted a leave attempt but it paid off following cover and slingshotting to a victory. Jetty ran a nice race, but it just wasn't enough. One to follow in the coming weeks if you ask me. My pick, Drive All Night, broke before the start. My unlucky streak continues!

Night = -$159
Total = -$263

I wish it were Saturday every night! Back at it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment